Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"I've Seen Better Days"...

This is the past 24 hours in the Schelling house!

Yes this really is what it looks like. First, someone broke into our house last night. We were not home at the time but Joe came home to it. They broke 2 screens and were going after this old laptop that I am typing on. We figured out that Joe must have scared them off b/c our DVR stopped taping at 8:16 (they had unplugged the modem) and Joe came in and did a walk thru and called the cops by 8:24. So they didn't get anything but they were trying, by the grace of God it looks like Joe got home just in time. It is such an uneasy feeling knowing that someone was in your house. Let me tell you we made sure that all out windows were locked last night and a ton of lights were on.

Second, Noah broke his wrist today at school. He was on the "zip line" and someone pushed him to fast and he fell off. He put his hands out to catch himself and now has what they call a buckle fracture in two places which is on the outside ( pinky side). So Noah and I has some good bonding time at the hospital today. He has a temp. cast on right now which is just plaster on the top and bottom to allow for all the swelling. Next week he will go in for his full plaster cast which will be on for 8 to 10 weeks. He is doing ok, he has his moments. I think the hardest thing is that he realized that he can't play soccer now, which just started and they haven't even had a game yet! He said tonight "I wish I didn't have this happen today"-me too bubby! As a mother you feel so helpless, if I could take away the pain I would in a second. Pray that he handles this well, as do his parents :) I hope nothing happens tomorrow.

2 comments:

Marc and Gretchen said...

I made sure all my windows were locked the other night too...it's making me more aware of stuff like that! There have been a few around our neighborhood too! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

oh what a week! sorry guys. but I'm thankful that nothing was taken and that Noah seems to be handling the cast pretty well. I'll talk with you soon okay? We will be in Ludington this weekend and next too and then we'll be done until next May! So, we need to schedule lunch to catch up okay? hope the weekend is good for you guys -- praying nothing else happens :)! Wendy