Monday, October 02, 2006

Manic Monday

I have not been able to create a new post in a while. I have been very busy but consider this an update on current state of affairs with the Princess and her three pigs.

As far as work goes, it has been very crazy. As part of my internship, which I am doing in our outpaitent clinic, I have been perpare for our CARF accredation. In a nutshell it is a painful process where you have to meet certain standards of practice in order to recieve national accrededation thus giving your program a "good name". It is a meticulous, line by line assurance that your paperwork all says what is "proper", you facilities are clean and accesable, your staff are trainied in all "meaningful" areas, and oh yeah, paperwork. If anyone has a complaint about paperwork in any social service agency, the reason is probably CARF.

In happier news, I think that we finally found a house to buy.



I know it sound crazy to even think about buying a house while going through school and work, but so far it has been pretty stres free (for me anyways). It appears to be a pretty sound house, but we have yet to get an inspection. It needs some cosmetics, i.e. ripping down wallpaper adonred with ducks and swings, changing some flooring, but nothing that is terribly major. Eventually we will reside the house. We are hoping to get all neccesary paperwork (here we go again) in this week and make an offical offer. We would like to move in during the semester break. The boys love the house and it would offer us a tremendous amount of room, we would not have to move for along time.

That's all I can think of for now...

1 comment:

Gretchen Driesenga said...

i want to go through this house!!!