Saturday, October 28, 2006

Hey, You, Get Off Of My Cloud

So here's the latest on the stone patrol...

Ever hear of a cystoscopy and ureteroscopy? No you say, then click here to learn all the exciting details. I had this done on Thursday. It does not feel real good. The doctor said that if it is bothering me then I can take it out. Yes, by myself. If you did not read about it, let me just say that it is a stent between my bladder and kidney and there is only one way out. Think about the work URETERoscopy and think where it comes out!!!!!

I have to wait until the 13th of November to have my large stone surgically removed. So I have two weeks of drowning in Viducin, Diladud, and Percocet which all provide varying degrees of "fuzzy headedness". So how am I going to work and participate in school with either pain or pain medication? I do not know!

Since I can feel the stent in my body, and have other associated pain, the thought of no pain medication is not pleasant, but the thought of being on a different cloud is not nice either.

My whole family has been incredible. Emilie is truly the best thing during all this. She knows exactly what I need, even when I don't. Noah and Levi know to be gentle with me. Maybe just Noah. I explained to Noah that there is a rock in my back and a doctor has to take it out. Then I tried to explain to him that I have a hose in my body. He asked me if we could go out and water the lawn with my special hose. I told him about all the special pills that Daddy has to take and he thinks it cool that I have an orange pill that helps me poop.

Hopefully this will all end soon, I keep you posted.

1 comment:

tanyawells said...

Poor Poor Unta! I feel so bad for you. I will be thinking of you and that you will be pain free soon! Take care Unta