Monday, November 13, 2006

Cuts Like a Knive (But It Feels So Right)

So here I am, 10:19 on a Monday night.

I have had my surgery this morning, at 8am, Emilie has gone home to get some sleep (she needs this dearly). The boys are at Oma and Opa's for the next couple of nights. The only things going through my mind is that "I can't believe that we are done". I mean we have been thinking, dreaming even of this time, when I was done with the surgery. I am comfortable, for the most part. I am on pain meds, but have a bit of a head ache because of them all, and because I have not had a smoke in over 24 hours. (If anyone is reading this, this does NOT mean that I intend to stop smoking anytime soon. Let us not go down that road right now!!)

My doctor told me that I can't return to work for at least two weeks! I hope I do not become the Wally Pipp of the DART program. It has been nice to hang out with my family so much though. I must say that my wife absolutely is the best hands down. I will not even take arguments regarding this! There is NO better wife ot there than Emilie.

So now I wait to go home. I know that I am here for at least one more day, maybe two. I cannot leave until I have the cathader removed. (Which I will not boast of the benifit of. I can fart around on the internet, drinking water and grape juice and not have to get up to pee. I know to some that may not be cool, but for me it rocks!!!) It's not bad here, I have a private room, if anyone want to visit, 5025 I'm not going anywhere!

Great nurses, pretty good coffee (I also learned that coffee is NOT bad for kidney stones)
I have my computer to watch movies, play on the internet.

Until next time....

4 comments:

tanyawells said...

I'm really glad to hear the surgery went well! Unta Joe is back.........look out!

gretchenjohnson said...

How you feeling Joe??? Glad its over with.

Gretchen Driesenga said...

hi.

tanyawells said...

Hey buddy hope you had a great thanksgiving with your family. Do you miss your stone?