Friday, November 03, 2006

Stay (Wasting Time)

So it's Friday of the first week that I am at home...bordome has set in. I think Emilie is getting tired of me being home all the time. I have changed the way my boys get through the day, they are not used to daddy being home so much. I have learned that there is not much to offer as far as daytime TV goes. I can only hope for a good documentary on the History Channel and the allowance from my children to view it. I have watched every movie we own, and am being to enjoy the thought of bangging my head upon a wall. All the while, I am still in pain and at times the taking of more percept and going to my "happy place" is the only respite at times.

So that is the negative...the positive are great.

I am at home! I have not seen my boys this much in a long time and it is truely great. I have spent so much time with Levi and realized that he is one of the funniest little boys in the world. Noah, is very gifted at everything he does. We have eaten many meals together and it reminds me how important family is. I have also spent a day with my Mom, who is sick herself, and had a great time. (There is nothing like being with Mom when you don't feel good).

I have set a loose goal of going to at least one class next week, or maybe I'll try to go into work. I am trying to just "get used" to the pain for at least half the day. I also realized that I have some control issues that I need to work through. Emilie has to drive me everywhere and at times I do not act as a supportive husband as I should. (Sorry about that Em)

I check my email very regularly throughout the day hoping for some interaction. Soon life will get back to normal, until then I think I will take this time and enjoy my family.

1 comment:

tanyawells said...

Are you counting down the days until surgery/relief? Perhaps it would help ease your mind if you read the kite runner again....I know you heart that book! Hang in there Unta. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. Take care buddy.
~Tanya