Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Any Other Way

Noah had a snow day yesterday so we decided to take advantage of it and spend some quality time together. The boys wanted to play outside of course so we bundled up to go play.
This was a fun game, go down the slide on the sled and then mommy pulls us around the backyard like a rocket ship. Let me tell you if you want a workout this is perfect.
There is something to playing outside with your kids that is relaxing almost. It's nice to just stop and take time to enjoy your children. I get so caught up sometimes in making sure that everything is clean, the laundry is done, the house is not a pit,etc... the list could go on, that I forget to really enjoy the gifts that God has so richly blessed us with. I love my boys and they mean everything to me ( including my big kid). Today was a good reminder that these days go fast and I need to enjoy them more. I admire Joe in the way that when he is home it is all about the boys, that is just one of the many things I love about him.
So to add to the day we went in to make cookies and have hot chocolate, really we did it so the boys could lick the beaters and go watch a movie after the first batch was done, but oh well it was fun and daddy enjoyed the treat when he come home.

We had a great day, even though Noah was sad he couldn't go to school and he missed Art day, he told me he was little grumpy because of that but I made up for it :)

Enjoy the people you love and tell them you love them often,( that goes for me to), you can never do it enough! Hug and laugh often, it can cure more than you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Schelling clan - I'm taking the opportunity to say we love YOU! Glad you had a fun day together yesterday in the snow.