Monday, January 28, 2008

Trust and Obey

To all who stumble across this blog I would just ask for your prayers this week as we are making a big change in the Schelling household. Joe has been offered an amazing job and as of February 1st he will no longer be at Hope Network. This job will be through BRAINS- Behavioral Resources And Institute for Neuropsychological Services and he is writing his own program (Joe's edit: this has not been purely by myself, many people have worked very hard to establish it with me) which is called CITY -Community Integration for Teens and Youth, which is helping parents and children(for more in depth explanation you can talk to Joe). This is Joe's dream job really and we feel so blessed to be given this chance. We ask that you pray for this program to take off so to speak, and it would all go smoothly. He has a waiting list of clients already and we pray that the word gets out about this program and more clients will be blessed by it. Joe will be also working at Pine Rest a little until the program is fully under way. This is a huge step for us and we are going ahead knowing that this is what God is calling him to do, and that the success of this program is going to be a testment to His Glory. We know that are faith is going to be tested which is a good thing but sometimes hard to see in the process, and we know that the Lord is watching over us and we need to trust that we will be taken care. (I'm sure I will have to remind myself of this often) I am so proud of Joe for taking this on, and the passion that he has always shown for this type of work, I know the children and parents will be blessed through him and that he will be blessed by them as well. I Love you Joe and I know you can do this!



We also would ask that you keep our dear friends the Haans in your prayers, Meghan has been going through some very, very rough days with the Chemo and the drugs that have been used. There family is a tue inspiration to us, and there faith has shown us what a great example of trusting in the Lord is to look like. Meghan, you amaze me girl, keep fighting! the Lord will never let go.



Thank you for your prayers,

The Schelling Clan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you both! I know together you'll make this work for you!

Marc Driesenga said...

The weird thing about being a Christian is that the best things, the "God-things" tend to be the most difficult and seemingly most illogical things. That's why I'm really excited for you Schellings, 'cause none of this seems to make sense and that's why it's the sensible thing to do!

As Michael W. Smith once said, "Pray for me and I'll pray for you."

Joe and Emilie Schelling said...

Marc, you actually quoted a Michael W Smith song? Oh how the mighty have fallen

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled about this opportunity for your family...God works in mysterious ways :)
looking forward to hanging out on Friday (will Joe be at small group too?? :)

Anonymous said...

A new look to the blog. Nice. Very Nice.