Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Great is Thy Faithfulness

To all of you who have been praying, Thank you.

For those of you who do not know my dad had a heart attack last Wendesday, he is ok they put two stents in, and he is ready to get back to painting the bathroom :)

There is nothing like getting that phone call to send your heart racing. We praise God for sparing his life and continue to pray that we will never take a single second for granted again. It was very emotional driving thru my tears to the hospital alone (Joe was on his way in from meeting with a client in grand haven) and not knowing if this was the time that the Lord had chosen to take him home. It is hard to understand in those moments that it is not up to us, God is in control. Noah is very and I mean very attached to my dad or Opa and we prayed all the way from our house to where I dropped them off, he asked me if he could die and it was very hard to tell him that yes, Opa could die. I'm sorry I am getting so worked up, it just hit me very hard that it takes something like this to realize the day to day things you take for granted. I LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD!



In lighter news we finally got flowers for the front of our house. My parents and I went to Motmans Greenhouse last week and they are having a huge sale so we were able to get stuff for really cheap. It will be fun to watch all of this grow up and out every year, and yeah we are not the house everyone drives past and looks at in a bad way anymore :)

Also we were informed that the huge tree next door is coming down next week. YEAH! yes this is the tree that is causing out root problem in the sewer line and, it is always a worry in big storms. We are leaving on Saturday to go see Honey and Grandpa so here is the last pictures of the tree before it is gone :) Hope everyone has a great 4th of July and I will post when we get back from a wonderful relaxing week at the pool !

See Joe's car there in the corner? now you realize how big it is.

No comments: